How To Use the Comparison Quote Feature
As of November 10, 2022 – The comparison quote feature has not yet been released, but will be out in the next couple weeks! We are very excited to introduce this highly-requested feature and hope that you take the opportunity to familiarize yourself with the feature in advance!
How To Use the Comparison Quote Feature:
- On the MyBlindCo App on your iPad, open the Quote tab found in the main menu on the left side of your screen.
- Locate the quote you want to open, and in it’s row, click on the 3 lines at the right side of your screen.
- A drop-down menu will open, and the first field will read “Comparison Quote“. Click on this.
- This action duplicates the quote. You will see that directly above your quote, a new one has been created and has a status of Draft written in purple.
- Open this draft by clicking on its row.
- In the white bar at the very top of your screen, give your quote a name to distinguish it from your original.
- Scroll down to the Product Details section on your quote screen.
- This applies to each line item: In-between the Trash and Duplicate icon buttons, find the Comparison Quote button. Click it.
- Change the product information into the manufacturer & product that you want to compare against your original quote. For example, if your original quote was for Graber and you want to compare Norman, now is the time to change the manufacturer field to Norman and enter the product information to be compared against the original Graber product.
- Beneath the Notes field, click Save Line.
- A pop-up message will appear asking if you want to apply these changes to other quote lines within this particular quote. To apply this change, select Yes. If you wish to only apply the changes to a particular line, select No.
- A new pop-up will appear that says Apply Changes to Lines Below. Here, you can see your new quote information written in black, compared against your original quote information, written in red and crossed off. You can compare the price and subtotals of these two quotes – the new price in black, the old crossed off in red.
- At the bottom of the screen, click the Apply button.
- Once again, you will be able to show the difference between the original and new quotes by referring to the Product Details section. Notice the Old Unit Price / New Unit Price, and Old Line Price / New Line Price.
- When you are done with this comparison, click Save Quote at the bottom of the screen.
- When you click on the Quote tab in the main menu, you will see the two quotes you have compared (old and new).
The Duplicate feature still exists. Now, you can duplicate a quote by clicking the Comparison Quote button. Open the duplicate quote, and click Save. If you do not make any changes to the duplicate quote, it will remain a duplicate quote.
If you found this article about how to use the brand new Comparison Quote feature interesting, you may benefit from our article about how to generate a Purchase Order.
Are you ready to take your business to the next level? my5starz is the best way to manage your business, market, and generate reviews. Click here to learn more.