How to: Use MyBlindCo on the App – For Installers
This video and instructions are specially made for Installers, to teach you how to get the most out of the app version of MyBlindCo! The beauty of the MyBlindCo app is that everything you need is in one place.
- We recommend for installers to start the day by visiting the Calendar, where you can see all of your appointments for the day, week, or month.
- Within Daily View on the calendar, click on an appointment to see the details.
- This will show you the date, time, appointment type, address, contact information, and any pre-existing notes.
- If you see a circle with an arrow (location symbol) next to an address, you can click on this icon and be taken to your mobile map of choice, with the directions to your customer’s house from your current location created, loaded up, and ready to go for you in seconds. Don’t worry about re-keying in the customer’s address.
- When an appointment is created for Installation, and is marked as so with the appointment type Installation, you can tie this installation to an order. You can find this Order information by clicking on the Installation tab on the left side of your screen.
- The Installation tab shows your list of scheduled installations. Click on the row of your desired install, and this will bring up a simplified view of the order for that install; this includes the appointment time, date, and a list of what you will be installing.
- You will not see the cost of every item, but you will be able to see the Balance Due.
- When you have completed your installation, click on the Receive Payment button in the top right corner of this Order screen.
- If you are using MyBlindCo Pay, there will already be a credit card saved in the account – You will not need to re-enter payment information.
- Find the balance due in the orange row at the top of the screen. In the middle of the screen, find the Amount field. Click on the edit button on the right side of the Amount field. Enter the balance due amount. Then, at the bottom left side of the screen, click Receive Payment.
- This button processes the credit card and sends your customer the payment confirmation (if the Send Payment Confirmation Email button is toggled on – You know it is on if it is green).
- From the Order screen in the Installation tab, you can also create a Repair Ticket by clicking the Create Repair button in the top right corner of the screen. This allows you to specify the type of repair: RGA or RMA
- RMA: Remake – Ex. Wrong color was ordered and needs to be reordered.
- RGA: Manufacturer or shipping issue – Ex. Need a replacement due to damage during shipping.
- In the Notes field, you can enter any relevant notes regarding the repair.
- You can use the Voice-to-Text feature by clicking on the white bar in the notes field, then clicking on the Microphone icon on your keyboard, and speaking.
- When you have finished entering your notes, click save. Then, click Create to save the repair ticket.
- You can find the repair ticket by clicking on the Repair tab on the left side of the screen. The office can manage these repair tickets similarly to how they would manage a regular order. From here, you can generate a PO, email it to the manufacturer, and manage the status of the repair.
If you found this article for installers about how to use the MyBlindCo app helpful, you may benefit from our article about how to use the calendar effectively:
Are you ready to take your business to the next level? my5starz is the best way to manage your business, market, and generate reviews. Click here to learn more.